Everyone needs a fast, easy go-to salad recipe and this is it! A tasty take on Classic Chicken Salad, this recipe is perfect for a quick luncheon or a super simple supper and is always thoroughly appreciated by all; with or without including the optional ingredients. Additionally, this recipe also produces an Excellent Egg Salad and an outstanding Traditional Tuna Salad and is sure to be a crowd pleaser and solid staple in your rotation.
- 2- 12.5 oz. canned Chicken Breast or 2 cups cooked Chicken Breast
- 1/2 large Onion
- 3 ribs Celery
- 2 large Carrots
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- 1/8 cup Mustard
- 1/3 cup Pickle Relish -optional-
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 dash Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 hard-boiled Eggs (chopped) –optional-
- Bread, Pita, Wrap, Croissant or Rolls of choice
- Lettuce, Spinach, Kale, Arugula or any other Greens
- Cooked Bacon -optional-
- Cheese selection -optional-
Chop onion, celery and carrots and place in a mixing bowl. Add drained shredded or chopped chicken, mayonnaise or Greek yogurt, mustard, pickle relish (if using), lemon juice, pepper, parsley, dill and garlic powder, then mix well to combine. If using the optional chopped hard-boiled eggs, add and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to chill the chicken salad.
Serve on bread, pita, wrap, croissant or roll of choice with lettuce, spinach, kale, arugula, or any greens of choice and sliced tomatoes. If desired, top with cooked bacon and cheese selection.
Leftovers can be easily stored by refrigerating in an air tight container for up to three days.